Aluminum is a neurotoxin which is the cause of Alzheimer's and Autism. Silica has been shown to prevent Alzheimer's as silica binds with Aluminum so it can be removed from your body.
This recipe is from my book titled Prevent Alzheimer's, Autism and Stroke with 7 Supplements, 7 Lifestyle Choices and a Dissolved Mineral.
Video -How to make your own silica water
Video -How to make your own silica water
Recipe for 'Silicade' water (silicon 32 mg/L) which has about the same amount of silica as Fiji water (silicon 36 mg/L). This will take 15 minutes to prepare.
Short version of recipe followed by detailed recipe with more details from Dennis' book Prevent Alzheimer's Austism, and Stroke
1 level dash (1/8 Tsp) and 2 level smidgens (1/32 tsp) (Total is 3/16 of a tsp) of Sodium Silicate powder order Sodium Silicate - Low Alkalinity NOT Sodium Silicate - Alkaline
Add to 1/8 cup of water and boil for 30 seconds (I use a pyrex measuring cup and boil in microwave)
Add enough cold water to make a gallon
1 level dash (1/8 tsp) of Sodium Bisulfate
dissolve by stirring
Purify this mixture through Brita Water Filter
2 level smidgens of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
Drink 3 to 4 cups a day around meal time
Sodium Silicate powder - Chemical Store online
Sodium Bisulfate - from amazon: Professor Fullwood of LoudWolf Limited
Measuring spoon - dash, smidgen, pinch - Nopro 3016D from Dine
Excerpt from my book Prevent Alzheimer's, Autism and Stroke
Making silicon rich water weekly at home is easy and much less expensive and more sustainable than purchasing water bottled in Fiji or Malaysia. I call this water “Silicade”. Silicade provides dissolved silica to keep your body-burden of aluminum under control. Silicade preparation requires only two ingredients and a set of small measuring spoons that are all easy to purchase online and have shipped to your home. The chemicals store well and should be kept out of children’s reach:
· Low Alkalinity Sodium Silicate: a powder available from Chemical Store Online. The powder is easier to measure than the liquid form and has a purity of 99.5% with a ratio of SiO2 to Na2O of 3.22 (Na2O=19.2%, SiO2=61.8%). Seventy percent of this powder can be dissolved in boiling water. Only order “sodium silicate – low alkalinity”. Do not order “sodium silicate – alkaline” from the Chemical Store.
· Sodium Bisulfate: a white powder 99.5% pure of micro-prills (i.e. very small pellets) from Professor Fullwood of LoudWolf Ltd. is available from Amazon.
· Mini Measuring Spoon Set: Norpro 3061D from Dine Company Online. Currently priced under $4 without shipping. Three measuring spoons come attached to a single ring. Only the dash and smidgen are used for Silicade preparation. In order to avoid accidental use of the wrong measuring spoon, remove the pinch from the ring.
· Spatula: Any small spatula with a straight-edge works to level the contents of the measuring spoons prior to addition.
By following these instructions you can easily prepare a 4 to5 day supply of Silicade:
1) A level dash and two level smidgens (3/16 of a teaspoon, 600mg., 6.18mM as SiO2) of sodium silicate powder is approximately 70% soluble when placed in a Pyrex glass measuring cup, suspended in 1/8 cup of tap water, brought to boiling in the microwave or on the stove, and boiled for 30sec.
2) The hot water with dissolved sodium silicate is immediately diluted to one gallon (3.8 liters) with cold tap water resulting in a 1.14 mM solution of pH 9.8 OSA.
3) One level dash (1/8 of a teaspoon, 0.83 gr, 6.9 mM) of sodium bisulfate is added to the solution of OSA and dissolved with stirring in order to acidify the solution to pH 4.0 to 5.0. Optionally, if tap water is more basic than pH 8.5, use a pH meter while slowly adding a little more sodium bisulfate in order to lower the pH to 4.0-5.0. Etekcity pH pen meter PH-2011 is a temperature compensated low cost pH meter available online. A pH 7.0 standard solution is recommended for periodic calibration of the pH meter.
4) The clear colorless acidic solution of OSA is further purified by filtering through a Brita pitcher style filter (i.e. OB03) resulting in OSA at a pH of 4.4.
5) Two level smidgens of sodium bicarbonate (a.k.a. baking soda) are added and dissolved with stirring in the gallon of filtered OSA, resulting in Silicade with a pH of 6.5, a TDS of 285 at 25oC, and less than 2mcg/L labile aluminum. Each quart of Silicade contains 30mg of dissolved silicon as 104mg of monomeric (OSA).
6) Optionally make Silicade Plus Calcium, if tap water is low in calcium, add two level dashes of calcium chloride prills or flakes (840mg 36% calcium) 99.5% pure from Loudwolf/Amazon. This will increase the calcium level by 80mg per liter, the TDS to 450 at 25oC, and the pH to 6.6 in a gallon of Silicade + Ca. Labile aluminum in calcium enriched Silicade is less than 2mcg/L. It has been found that calcium at concentrations greater than or equal to 75mg/L have a significant protective effect on cognition461. Optionally add a heaping dash of magnesium sulfate to incease magnesium by 20mg/L.
7) Optionally make Sparkling Silicade - Carbonate Silicade resulting in pH 4.5 beverages.
Drink a total of 3 to 4 cups of Silicade a day around meal times in order to provide a total of 22.5 to 30mg of silicon a day as monomeric OSA. Drinking 22.5 to 30mg of silicon as OSA a day is approximately 6.8 to 9 times the 3.3mg of silicon that when consumed as OSA per day was observed to lower the frequency of AD76. In the U.S. 100mg per liter of dissolved silicates, such as OSA, are generally recognized as safe (e.g. GRAS) in drinking water462.
Why This Recipe Works
The goal of this recipe for orthosilicic acid (OSA) in drinking water is to use an easily measured solid silica powder and an acidic microprill that are commercially available online and shipped to anyone, not just chemical laboratories. Both of these chemicals are high purity (e.g. 99.5%).
· Convert polymers of silica to monomers: Boiling the sodium silicate in an eighth of a cup of tap water (mixture is pH = 13) for 30 seconds converts 70% of the polymeric oligomers of silica into water soluble monomeric OSA463-465.
· Neutralize and prevent re-polymerization of OSA: In order to prevent OSA re-polymerization, immediately dilute the basic (e.g. pH=13) OSA solution to a gallon with tap water. Then acidify the solution to pH 4.0 to 5.0 with the solid acid sodium bisulfate. A 1.14mM OSA solution is well below OSA’s saturation level in water (e.g. 2-3mM). Polymerization of OSA to oligomers has been observed after 10 minutes at neutral pH only well above OSA’s saturation level (i.e. 42mM)453,464,465.
· Remove Aluminum: Removal of aluminum is optimal between pH 4.0 to 5.0. By filtering the acidified OSA solution through a Brita pitcher style filter (OB03) a significant portion (e.g. 98.5%) of the labile aluminum introduced in both the tap water and sodium silicate is removed416,417. This Brita filter is a combined activated carbon and cation exchange resin that removes cations like aluminum but does not remove OSA417. If tap water used for Silicade is between pH 6.5 to 8.5, as per EPA’s secondary drinking water standard, then after filtration and bicarbonate addition Silicade will be pH 6.5. Labile aluminum in Silicade is less than 2mcg/L when made from Quabbin tap water417.
· Optionally add Calcium: Have your tap water checked and if it is low in calcium add supplemental calcium to Silicade. Calcium in Quabbin tap water is reduced from 4.4 to 2.2mg/L by the Brita filter416. Drinking water with calcium at levels of 80mg/L has been found to be optimal for good health466. Calcium in drinking water at concentrations in excess of 75mg/L has been shown to be correlated with improved cognition461. This may be due to calcium competing with aluminum for absorption by the gut451. Calcium catalyzes the polymerization of OSA but only at pH greater than 8467,468. Silicade + Ca is pH 6.6 and at this pH OSA in Silicade + Ca is a non-polymeric monomer417.
Conclusion of Controlling Your Aluminum Excretion with a Dissolved Mineral
Silica supplementation is a proven and recommended way to increase aluminum excretion by your body. There are four silica supplements available:
· High silica mineral water, such as Fiji or Spritzer water, taken as 3 to 4 cups per day will result in 25 to 34mg of silicon as OSA per day. This source of silica taken orally results in 43% of the OSA being absorbed and bioavailable469.
· High silica Silicade water is prepared in your home by mixing powdered sodium silicate with powdered sodium bisulfate in tap water. Silicade taken as 3 to 4 cups per day will result in 22.5-30mg of silicon as OSA per day. Like high silica mineral water, this source of silica taken orally results in 43% of the OSA being absorbed and bioavailable469.
· Stabilized concentrated OSA, such as Natural Factor’s Biosil choline stabilized OSA470, can be taken as 5 drops twice a day in a quarter cup of flavored liquid, as it has a slight taste, or as 2 veg caps a day. Note that low choline supplementation (200mg/day) may have benefits but there is a 70% greater risk of lethal prostate cancer with high (500mg/day) choline diets471. The European Food Safety Authority recommended that liquid choline stabilized OSA be taken at a maximum dose of 10 mg. of silicon with 200mg of choline per day472,473. Choline stabilized OSA taken orally results in 17% of the OSA being absorbed and bioavailable and 42% being oligomeric OSA469.
· Colloidal silica, such as Eidon’s Ionic Minerals Silica Concentrate, taken as 30 drops per day equals 109mg of silicon in colloidal silica per day. Only 1% of 109mg of silicon in colloidal silica taken orally has been shown to be absorbed and bioavailable469. Also silica colloids made synthetically and sold commercially as nanoparticles have been tested in vitro on human cells and shown to have cytotoxicity474.
3 - 4 cups
7.2 – 11mg
$1.00 - $1.50
3 - 4 cups
6.5 – 9.8mg
$0.04 - $0.05C
Choline Stab OSAD StabOSAD OOSASAD
Choline Stab OSAE
2 veg caps
A. Fiji and Spritzer – Mineral Waters; B. Silicade preparation described in Chapter 5; C. Including shipping and excluding cost of tap water; D. Biosil Choline Stab. OSA; E. Biosil Veg Caps; F. Eidon’s – Ionic Minerals Silica Concentrate
OSA in drinking water acts to lower the amount of soluble aluminum in the drinking water426. After examining 214 water supplies in northern England it was found that when drinking water contained greater than 3.5mg/liter of soluble silicon as OSA, the level of soluble aluminum was always below 20mcg/liter426. When drinking water contained less than 3.5mg/liter of soluble silicon as OSA, the level of aluminum ranged from 25 to 125mcg/liter. Communities and agencies responsible for drinking water should be adding OSA (i.e. soluble silica) to public drinking water to keep the level of soluble silicon above 10mg/liter. They should also refrain from adding fluoride to drinking water. In place of fluoride in drinking water the public should be encouraged to use tooth paste and/or mouthwash containing fluoride. These two actions could lower the amount of AD, autism, and stroke.
Dr. Chris Exley has shown that Spritzer water which is high in silica (35 mg/L) improves cognition in people with Alzheimer's see link to video below